Hi ra,
Wish you a many more happy returns of the day and a great year ahead. Let me start by apologising for not finishing this piece before today but lets face the truth, both you and I know how good I am with timelines :P. So let that go, especially since its still not too late over there in the Fundy city. It would be an understatement if I said I have known you most of your life for I am the only one who knows you as a brother, a friend, an opponent and a guide.
We had the squabbling phase in the '90s before you were packed off to a boarding school. Luckily it didn't last forever and you returned in a year with much exposure and maturity. But that didn't help a lot in our fights for the remote because come what may, we have the 'right to fight' with each other on every silly stuff that we could. Then it was my turn to try my luck outside the comfort of home and fortunately it turned out to be better and I started seeing you as a big brother, for you were the one who considered me mature enough to tell stuff that Amma and Appa would never do. The five long years at sainik changed our equation altogether. Our thoughts evolved and somehow we started agreeing on most of the stuff. That meant a great deal especially when we needed to convince mom and pops.
The college years were the best, both yours and mine. A day doesn't pass by when I wouldn't miss the days we spent in coimbatore. Those were the days we had on our own without any chaperone. By the time I moved in to college we were adults and started the long conversations on career choices, business prospectives, and stuff I wouldn't publish on a blog :P.
We have come a long way, both you and me but I still long for the days when we used to play at our locality with the cousins as nothing could come close to the carefree days that we shared together. I know that I would never have to worry about falling down, for I have you for a safety net to confide in. So, let me toast to another great year we shared and for the best of your health.
Cheers,
Brother.
Wish you a many more happy returns of the day and a great year ahead. Let me start by apologising for not finishing this piece before today but lets face the truth, both you and I know how good I am with timelines :P. So let that go, especially since its still not too late over there in the Fundy city. It would be an understatement if I said I have known you most of your life for I am the only one who knows you as a brother, a friend, an opponent and a guide.
We had the squabbling phase in the '90s before you were packed off to a boarding school. Luckily it didn't last forever and you returned in a year with much exposure and maturity. But that didn't help a lot in our fights for the remote because come what may, we have the 'right to fight' with each other on every silly stuff that we could. Then it was my turn to try my luck outside the comfort of home and fortunately it turned out to be better and I started seeing you as a big brother, for you were the one who considered me mature enough to tell stuff that Amma and Appa would never do. The five long years at sainik changed our equation altogether. Our thoughts evolved and somehow we started agreeing on most of the stuff. That meant a great deal especially when we needed to convince mom and pops.
The college years were the best, both yours and mine. A day doesn't pass by when I wouldn't miss the days we spent in coimbatore. Those were the days we had on our own without any chaperone. By the time I moved in to college we were adults and started the long conversations on career choices, business prospectives, and stuff I wouldn't publish on a blog :P.
We have come a long way, both you and me but I still long for the days when we used to play at our locality with the cousins as nothing could come close to the carefree days that we shared together. I know that I would never have to worry about falling down, for I have you for a safety net to confide in. So, let me toast to another great year we shared and for the best of your health.
Cheers,
Brother.
No comments:
Post a Comment